Home : Resources : Military Records

Request for and/or Release of Records

The Connecticut Military Department is the custodian of historical military personnel records for retired and discharged members of the Connecticut Air & Army National Guard. If you are a FORMER member of the Connecticut National Guard, click the link below for the Connecticut Military Department to request a copy of your records.

If you are a CURRENT member of the Connecticut National Guard, you must request your records through your unit administration section. Please contact your chain of command.

FORMER members of other branches and components of the US Armed Forces (Army, Air Force, Navy & Marine Corps – Active & Reserves), need to contact the National Archives to request copies of their military records. The link below will provide you the information you need.

Agencies and organizations requesting verification of employment with the Connecticut National Guard must contact the CTNG Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) office at 860-493-2761.

In addition to the Military Department maintaining historical military records, the Connecticut State Library also maintains an extensive collection of military records from the Connecticut National Guard.  Click their link below for more information.


How do I correct errors in my military records?

In order to get your military service records upgraded/changes, you must contact your respective service Board for Correction of Military Records. Contact information for each board is listed below:

Army Board of Correction
Crystal Mall 4, Room 220
Arlington, VA 22202-4508
AFPC’s Total Force Service Center
USAF Building 492
550 C St W, Universal City, TX 78148
800-525-0102 or DSN 665-0102.